Monday, January 24, 2011

Alan! Alan! Al!

My family has been a little obsessed with British comedy lately.  I think it started over Christmas when I popped Aardman's Creature Comforts - Merry Christmas Everybody! into the ol' blu-ray. Have you seen it?  Check it out.  If you liked the original Creature Comforts, you'll enjoy the Christmas version.

Well then, next, Wesley became totally obsessed with Mr. Bean.  I kid you not.  What two-year-old likes Mr. Bean?  The average American adult doesn't even know who Rowan Atkinson is, yet here is Wesley requesting to watching him 24-7.  And I mean that literally.  I think we've watched the three DVDs at least 20 times each.  By the way, I am well aware that two-year-olds are not supposed to watch copious amounts of TV.  Save yer sermon preacher.  The other day Wesley knocked on my bedroom door, hollered, "Mama!", then even louder, "BEAN!!"  I derived immense joy from that little episode.  It still makes me laugh.  So how am I supposed to say no to that?

Finally, our family just can't get enough of this YouTube video (which is a lot like Creature Comforts).  In particular the marmot who can't seem to get Alan's attention.  We've been yelling "ALAN! ALAN! ALAN! AL! ALAN!" like a load of idiots ever since we first saw it.  And it's still funny.  All I can think of is how much we're going to annoy my brother-in-law, Steve, when we see him this summer.  That will make more sense once you watch the video.

(Fair warning: it is a bit crude in some parts.)


When next you see me, yell "ALAN!".  Just don't expect me to answer.

4 comments:

  1. How 'bout a nice game of "Nighttime/Daytime?" *wink wink*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Mr Bean. He is hillarious.

    Kittycat

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made a comment the other day and it didn't get on here; don't know why, so this is a test comment before I comment again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, now I'll say what I really wanted to say. This is hilarious about Wesley. I'd love to hear him hollar BEAN. Also, I love the video. I can see how it would grow on you.

    ReplyDelete