Friday, January 28, 2011

Video Friday - ROY G. BIV by They Might Be Giants

The Monsters and I have been rockin' out this week to They Might Be Giants' fourth album for kids, Here Comes Science.  While we all loved the first three albums (including similar edu-factual-type albums Here Come the ABC's and Here Come the 123's) I personally love this album immensely.  I'm thinking it's the fact that I'm a science geek at heart and Lucas seems to be following in my footsteps.

This Friday I'm featuring two songs from the 2009 CD/DVD that have quickly become family favorites.  First up is ROY G. BIV and I say to all those who have the OCD habit of needing things to always line-up in the correct color spectrum order (me!) "Rejoice!!" I know you will fall madly in love with this song.  I sing it constantly in my head while putting away anything from dishes, to laundry, to crayons (of course).  It's a nice song to listen to while doing chores.  But, even if you have no OCD habits (you freak. yeah I'm talkin' to you), you'll find this song fun.  Despite the fact that they do cruelly burst your bubble about ever glimpsing a unicorn.



Next up is Electric Car.  If you didn't want to drive an electric car before, you surely do now.  This video is so sweet and yet so catchy.  Lucas and I love singing along to it as we drive to the Westside to pick up Wesley from daycare. Let's take a ride in an electric car.  To the Westside in an electric car!  Although, I think it would be so much more fun if we were driving to the Westside in one of these.  (Yeah, I know it's not an electric car, but it's ridiculously cute and itty-bitty and I want one.)  What I really want to know is if the Merry Maids listen to this song as they drive around in their snazzy little purple machines.



Happy Friday everyone!  I hope today is a great day for you whether you are an environmental hippie, drive a gas guzzler, or simply enjoy driving teeny-tiny toy cars.  Just remember to keep yer colors in line.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see you back on here. You find some interesting stuff for kids that's not intellectually stupid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How in the heck do the Merry Maids get all their cleaning junk into those little cars?! Do 12 of them pop out of the car when they pull up to clean?!

    ReplyDelete