Friday, May 21, 2010

Video Friday - Tricycle by Frances England

I've been seeing the new Bisquick commercial with Frances England's Blueberry Pancakes song everywhere lately.  Have you seen it?  I'd love to show it to you, but it's not licensed for showing on the internet.  (How dumb is that?  What's the problem with advertising on the internet?)  However, if you go here, you can at least hear the song and then I'm sure you'll know what commercial I'm talking about because, as I've said, it's everywhere.  Anyhoo, the blueberry pancake commercial got me thinking about one of my favorite Frances England songs, Tricycle, off of her debut album Fascinating Creatures.  England's soft and dreamy voice lends a real sense of nostalgia to a staple of childhood.  And of course with lyrics like, "Win the Tour de France in my underpants", what's not to love?  It's a sweet and simple video that I know you're going to love.



By the way, if you've never been, go check out France England's website.  She's got three beautiful, musical e-cards that you can send to all the people you love.  I suspect that Daddy-O is quite popular around Father's day.  Send it to your favorite macho, man's-man at work just so you can give him a light-hearted ribbing when he starts crying right there in the office.

Have a great Friday everyone!  I wish you a day as fun and carefree as this video.  See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment